Wednesday 19 September 2012

My quilting project: Sailing Boats Baby Blanket

My latest project is another baby blanket. This is my fourth baby blanket so far, and with a large Cypriot family and with 3 friends getting married next year I am pretty sure that it won't be my last!

This one is for my cousin's baby boy due in November. It's so hard finding designs for baby boys. I've chosen a beautiful Sailing Boats quilt pattern from the wonderful jelly roll masters, Pam and Nicky Lintott of The Quilt Room, a beautiful family run Dorking-based quilt shop. They have published many books on the Moda pre-cuts: jelly rolls, charm packs and layer cakes. This design is from their book Two from One Jelly Roll Quilts.

 
image © David & Charles from "Two from One Jelly Roll Quilts" 2010

The original design used American Jane's Happy Camper jelly strips from Moda. Try as I may I couldn't find this anywhere. I then stumbled across Bungle Jungle by Tim and Beck. I found the jelly roll from Hulu Crafts and I love it! The designs are full of primary colours, animals, dots and squiggles and is perfect for boy or girl. 


It's been 10 months since I last got quilting... I can't wait to share with you my progress! I've started building the blocks, and have already had a couple of "oopsidaisy" moments. More on that and my lessons learnt in a future post.

PS...A facebook update from my poorly sister

(This is a throw I made her as a housewarming present in 2010. Seeing it being used for comfort and warmth is great... just how quilts should be used!)

No comments:

Post a Comment