Tuesday 11 September 2012

Why we are here: for the love of quilting

My first quilting blog post!*

So why are we here?
I started quilting 3 years ago and instantly fell in love with the craft. After my first venture, a baby quilt, I knew I had discovered a new creative hobby to indulge in and I didn't want to let go!
I have made a multitude of gifts for friends and family since then, but I have also bought a flat, renovated said flat, changed job, become engaged and most recently got married. Often, as much as I didn't want to, my hobby got pushed to the side due to time, and money constraints.

But now I have created this blog to follow my progress as I finally decide to focus my hobby, improve my skills, and I attempt to make my design and quilt my own patchwork quilt over the next year having never made an item that I have kept for myself.

If you are learning to quilt too I hope you find my blog useful and if you are an experienced crafty one please respond to my pleads for help and advice! I'm sure there will be many along this journey.

*A little cavaet... I did start a blog over at iwanttobeacreative.wordpress.com/ in April 2012, but I foolishly decided to start 11 weeks before my wedding. How on earth blogging and organsing the final details of a wedding was going to work, I don't know! So here I am, starting over again.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing how you get on! If you ever need any help or advice, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

    Happy Stitching!

    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you Alison! I will indeed :)

    ReplyDelete